V 70 Voltage Regulator

Where is the above situated and is it difficult to change.

Reply to
Andy Mann

"Andy Mann" wrote in news:epZje.18346$Pi3.18113@newsfe4- win.ntli.net:

You do not mention a model year. On a 98 and I believe 99 and 2000 the VR is inside the alternator, likely the same in even newer models. This is under the power steering pump on mine. I am considering to have my old alternater looked at and get an estimate to rebuild by a local company.

You would have to open the alternator to some degree to replace the regulator. A task that is I believe is rather difficult with the alternator in the viechle.

Reply to
newtovolvo