V40 Clicking noise from the dashboard

A loud clicking noise has started from the left side of my dashboard. It must be from the main fresh air inlet. The only way to stop the noise is to have the recycle button in the on position. The problem with this is the car mists up. Does anyone know what this flap looks like? Is it motor or solenoid operated? How do you get to it? My workshop manual has no reference to it . It is not even shown in the wiring diagrams. Can anyone help please.

Reply to
Ant

Interesting. I noticed this clicking too, when the climate control is set to "Auto". It seems to coming somewhere from the center console. I'll mention it to the dealer when I take it in for service next week, although I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete