V40 Corrosion Advice (UK)

My recently acquired V40 shows signs of corrosion bubbling through the rear wheel arch . This is visible when you open the back door. The rust definitely seems to be coming from the inside out as there are areas where the paint is intact but bubbled, others where the paint has 'burst through' and there is a rust patch underneth.

I heard that these cars are supposed to have an 8-year perforation warranty. But I have no documentation for the car and can find no information on the volvo uk website.

Do I patch it up and 'punt' the car in due course or will Volvo fix it? My suspicion is that the Volvo warranty applies to the original owner or requires some sort of expensive insection to have been carried out....

Reply to
LaoFuZhi

Perhaps your might tell us what year of V40 it is?! It shouldnt be rusting- has it had crash or impact damage repaired in this area by a previous owner??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

It's an 'R' reg tim ..97 or 98???

AFAIK it's not been involved in an accident. If it has the paint's been applied in that area quite expertly as it looks very original...

Matt

Reply to
LaoFuZhi