V40 dashboard?

I need to replace the top dash board on my 2001 V40 (scratches in the vinyl). Is the SRS (Air Bag) embedded within the dashboard part itself or is it a separate part? That is, is the dashboard just a shell covering the air bag that can be replaced without touching the airbag? (airbags are very expensive and I am hoping that I don't need to spend thousands just to replace scratched dash). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Reply to
DS