V40 Headlight Removal

Anyone know if the bumper/fender has to be removed to replace headlight lens on 2001 V40 Thanks in anticipation Clive Turnbull Cheshire UK

Reply to
Clive Turnbull

Clive,

Just replaced mine 2 wekkes ago.

Remove screws of inside wheel covers, 2 scews on both sides. Remove headlight washers if any. Reach the plasic locks and push them from behin the front bumper. The enrire bumper should be able to move a few inches towards you, bearly enough to replace the head light.

Cheers,

Martijn

Reply to
Martijn

Here is part of my not-yet-finished how-to page that describes the steps I took to get the headlights out of my MY99 V40. I haven't taken a close up look at the phase2 bumper, but this might help:

(there is NO page 2 yet)

greetings,

Arnoud

Reply to
Arnoud Helmantel

Thanks to both of you, I have printed Arnouds instructions so I am well prepared for a try tomorrow. The one I am doing is RHD but I am sure that will make little difference. Will post my progress. Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Turnbull

"" wrote: > On July 11 2005, you wrote: > > > Clive, > > > > Just replaced mine 2 wekkes ago. > > > > Remove screws of inside wheel covers, 2 scews on both sides. > > Remove headlight washers if any. > > Reach the plasic locks and push them from behin the front > bumper. The > > enrire bumper should be able to move a few inches towards > you, bearly > > enough to replace the head light. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Martijn > > Thanks to both of you, I have printed Arnouds instructions so > I am well > prepared for a try tomorrow. The one I am doing is RHD but I > am sure > that will make little difference. Will post my progress. > Cheers > Clive > > -- > C S Turnbull > Cheshire > UK > snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex,com

Do you guys know if the New Style Sexy Looking Clear V40 headlights (I think from 2001 onward) will fit the mk1 v40 (98 r reg)??

Are they a direct replacement or are there modifications that need doing?

Has anyone done it?

Reply to
VolvosRock