Rear V40 Bumper

Hiya,

Does anyone have, or know anyone who is selling a secondhand rear bumper for a V40 (Phase 1)? Otherwise any links to companies in the UK that supply new or used bumpers? I've tried EuroCarParts, but they come in at £350 for the part, and they don't have it in stock anyway. Are there any good alternatives?

Thanks.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Seeley

I should add that GSF don't seem to have it. Also I've been offered an aftermarket part for £60 new, made by Imperial Parts - anyone had any experience with them? I'm hesitant and am tempted to stick with authentic parts.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Seeley

I would prefer to go with a genuine part, either new or from a scrappie. I would be worried about the strength and fit of a pattern copy. Dunno how easy and cheap it would be to repaint one of a different colour. What you need is a good condition front end write off in the same colout/trim. Hire a van and stalk one that's on the road, overtake and slam your brakes on. ;-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Thanks for that.... short of writing off a van, I'll keep thinking of ways to do that. Looks like I can get a bumper for £80 (should be 100) from a scrap yard, but repainting's gonna be £150. Ouch. This is where I'd any day want to go back to my 740 which has "proper" bumpers and not silly plastic coloured excuses for a bumper.

Reply to
Mark Seeley