v40 problems and more problems

I'm in a 2004 V40.

After 8000 miles, the check engine light came on and I had to bring it in for warranty repair. They replaced the head gasket.

Then, at 11000 miles, the check engine light came on again. This time, they replaced the entire engine.

Now, I'm at 26000 miles. Every time I accelerate around a turn, the 'brake' light comes on on the dash. There's also a distinct ticking coming from under the hood for the first few minutes after I start the car every morning.

Has anybody else had problems like these?

Reply to
mike

Ya.. with a bought-new 1972 VW van. I thought it was _FORD_ who bought Volvo! ;-)

VOLVO JOKE: "...then, at 11000 miles, the check engine light came on again. I went to the dealer and they checked the engine, couldn't find it, so they installed a new one. [buh-duh-bum] THANK YOU... I'll be here all week.. try the synthetic lube."

The brake light is probably due to low fluid level in the brake reservoir. That could be caused by worn pads. Check the brake fluid level to be sure that it is not too low, but have the brakes checked as well.

The ticking is probably from a hydraulic lifter that is leaking down overnight. WOrst case it should only take a few seconds to pump up when the car starts.. Have it checked.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

Should still be under warranty, so have the dealer figure it out.

John

Reply to
John Horner