V70 Cambelts

I own a 1998 2.5 V70 10 valve. Mileage 36,000 I try to do some basic servicing myself but am wondering at what mileage should the cambelts be renewed. (Obviously that's a job for the main dealer.) My old 740 was approx 60,000 miles is the V70 similar? Also what about spark plugs? Change after what mileage and do they have to be of the 3 point variety?

Many thanks for any advice.

John Lowe UK

Reply to
John Lowe

Why don't you look in your owners manual?

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Have alook on the cam belt cover of your engine. Volvo put stickers on. If you dont find anything, AFAIK the interval is 70,000miles or 7 years whichever is first. 92-~96 cars were 50,000 but then increased to 70 with a wider belt.

Plugs are meant to be the triple electrode type- you may well have any problems with flooding at cold start if you use conventional ones. Change interval is 30,000 miles. Be sure to check the plug valley is clean and dry of oil and coolant when your changing them.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thank you Tim, for your helpful reply.