Difference 1.9D 102hp/115hp

The common rail diesel engine for the S/V40 comes in two flavors: 102 and

115hp. I was told the only difference between them is the software in the management modules. Thus: will putting a management chip from the 115hp into the 102hp will upgrade it without further problems, or is there some other difference between the cars (brakes, suspension...)?

Cheers,

EP

Reply to
Ernst-Paul van Etten

Ernst-Paul van Etten wrote: ...

I don't know if there is any other differences, but upgrading the engine from 102hp to 115hp wouldn't require you to change brakes and suspension. A difference of 13hp isn't that a big deal. If your talking

50+ upgrades I would be more conserned.

However, I would go to a tuning workshop and get a new chip tuned specially for your engine. Then you can gain futher power from the engine.

Best regards Leiv Magne Faane, Norway

Reply to
Leiv Magne Faane

AFAIK its only software. However I would check the intercoolers are both the same size too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..