V70 from 2000, october

Is it possible to get MP3 in that car audio without dammaging the intire dashboard?

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter

I've also wondered. There are some online (e.g. YouTube) articles on how to hack your car's audio system for an MP3 output. Soldering iron job.

Reply to
Jordan

Than I should take a look there to see if I can do that;-)) Thanks.

Pieter

"Jordan" schreef > Is it possible to get MP3 in that car audio without dammaging the intire > dashboard? >

I've also wondered. There are some online (e.g. YouTube) articles on how to hack your car's audio system for an MP3 output. Soldering iron job.

Reply to
Pieter

It may depend on what radio you've got. Does your radio have a menu system which allows you to select various sources? My 2007 V7 (S80 platform, not the latest shape) does. There is a jack socket in the central storage box into which you can plug an external MP3 player (or any other sound source, for that matter).

Reply to
Roger Mills

A company called Wiiki-tech (there are others) do a mp3 player that simulates a Volvo CD-changer I bought one on e-bay and installed it in my S60. I needed to remove the Fan/heater control console and the head-unit, but didn't have to unplug either. The mp3 player is attached to the back of the glove compartment with Velcro and uses SD cards.

Your car may have the cable installed for a CD changer in the side panels of the trunk. Look for a round DIN connector.

If it helps your search, the protocol the head-unit uses to talk to CD-changers, etc. is called Melbus.

Reply to
Richard Crewe