V70 fuel consumption

Can anyone tell me what sort of average fuel consumption you are getting with a V or W reg V70 diesel?

I'd prefer real experience rather than stated consumption figures.

I will be doing at least 130 motorway miles a day at steady speed.

Cheers, Lee

Reply to
Proteus

A manual will get you at least around 40mpg, an auto about 38mpg, depending on whether you cruise at 70 or more.

Our S70 2.5 is much happier, and indeed better on fuel at an indicated 85 than it is at 70. (5th gear alittle tall for the engine's available torque at 70)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

"Tim (remove obvious)" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

I have a 2.5 TDi manual 1997 and generally get around low 40s (43 to 45) on a normal everyday run, but if I carefully sit at about 70 to 75 with no harsh acceleration and lifting off early enough to avoid any unnecessary braking ( i.e. trying to drive economically) I have got an indicated 51 mpg. This is off the computer, but I do reckon its fairly accurate. Hard driving gives me mid to high 30s though which I reckon is pretty good.

Nick

Reply to
Nick