fuel consumption on SID

I bought a 2003 Saab 9-5 four months ago and, apparently, havent's discovered all the small details yet. Until today, when I switched SID to fuel consumption it showed "average consumption" which was easy to tell cuz the figures remained pretty stable throughout a trip. However, as of today the SID's showing "real-time consumption" and figures change virtually every couple of seconds from 20 liters per 100 km at the start to 6 liters fifteen minutes later, back to 10 liters etc, which I find pretty confusing. My manual is in German, which I don't speak. The one I downloaded from the Internet is for the US version and doesn't mention the possibility of switching between average and real-time consumption modes. Any help greatly appreciated. Best regards TW

Reply to
Trespassers W

Real time modes will vary widely. My 92 9000T has a real time mode that looks like a Windows progress bar. Accelerating uphill you will get very small miles per gallon, coasting downhill it pegs at 60 mpg.

Of course, you would average the volume/distance (like Europeans do) than distance/volume as we specify in the US.

Charles

Trespassers W wrote:

Reply to
Charles

You mean they have gallons per mile in Europe instead of miles per gallon?

Reply to
- Bob -

-" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Sorta. We have "how many liters of fuel does this car need to cover 100 kilometers?" in continental Europe. It's just a matter of habit. If you set your SID to "Metric" you'll see 8.5 displayed in the "fuel" mode.

Reply to
Trespassers W

Most of Europe uses km and litre...

Reply to