Fuel Consumption

I have a Peugeot 306 turbo.

Could someone tell me what extra fuel consumption I could expect between

50 - 70 - 90mph

Despite having it serviced I have noticed that the consumption seems higher recently, but at the same time I am aware that I do tend to drive a little faster than I used to do..

Any advice would be appreciated

Tony

Reply to
Tony

On my 45 mile cross-country commute on mostly NSL roads which takes around 1h10, I get around 45mpg on a full tank.

Motorway fuel consumption varies according to time of day and "target speed". I managed to do the 275mile trip from home to the parents on well under half a tank, at an average speed of around 75mph, just because I travelled between

2330 and 0300 - the road was empty, and I cruised all but a small section of roadworks on the M5/M6 section at a constant 80 - the lack of numpties at that time means you only use fuel to maintain speed, rather than wasting it braking/speeding up.

/john

Reply to
John Kenyon

Assuming you mean turbo diesel 1.9 XUD, I reckon it should be 45/46 mpg.

Reply to
Ebodscki

As mentioned, if it's a diesel:

50 mph=50mpg or better. 70mph=40-45mpg. 90mph=35-40mpg and 6 penalty points. It's not the cruising speed that chews the fuel, but using maximum acceleration through the gears. If you like the feel of it after its service maybe you're having fun,- but it costs. DaveK.
Reply to
davek

thats interesting, my non turbo diesel 306 seems to do 56 mpg at around

70, I have nevr seen anything as low as 45 !
Reply to
srp

My Mondeo TDCI _indicates_ about the same. I once drove it like a granny, keeping up with the trucks, and it was indicating about 75mpg!

Boring though!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith