VOLVO 2001 V70 Back seat is stuck

Sorry for not listing it earlier when I put the original post It's a 2001 Volvo V70

Looking for advice...tips...tricks an raising the back seat. I had lowered the back seats to carry a load of stuff. The back left seat came up with no problem, but the back right seat wouldn't budge! The seat belt is so tight that I can't lift the seat up more than about 3 inches. I have tried to pull the seat belt out by hand, but it won't budge.

>HELP
Reply to
jvid

There are a couple of posts on brickboard that may describe a similar problem. See

I have a 97 850 wagon, and the past two times when I have flopped the back seats down, the middle seat belt which is drawn out when you put the wider seat down, refuses to release and let you pull the seat back up. I have had to unbolt the belt from the floor to get the seat up, and then reattach it. But the same thing happened the next time I flopped the seat down. At present I drive around with the rear middle seat belt disconnected. Is there a fix other than replacing the seat belt mechanism? And, if I have to replace it, which model in a junkyard should I take one from so the same thing won't happen again? The retraction mechanism is in the back of the seat, and is there a horror story connected with changing it out?

And a reply:

Look at the belts that you don't have a problem with. Note the plastic button that prevents the belt from sucking in too far. Now look at the belt that sucks itself in. Bet the stop button is missing. These are available at the dealer for a dollar or 2.

Reply to
jt

The seat belt retractor has probably failed. All Volvo seat belts are under factory warranty for 5 years unlimited mileage. The dealer will replace the belt free of charge.

BD

Reply to
Big Dick