Cargo Space length Volvo V70/960/850

Hi, I am thinking of getting a Volvo V70/960/850. I want to put my mattress in the cargo space with the rear seats down. Is there anyone, who could give me information on the length of the cargo space of one of these cars? I only found information on cubic feet, but no length. I searched the web with a bunch of queries, but no success.

Please help, Thanks a lot in advance! Bart

Reply to
Bart

My 940 (should be about the same as a 960) manual states:

Cargo space length: Seat up 106cm Seat down 182cm

HTH

Graham W

Reply to
Graham W

I`m 5`7", my wife 5`6" and we can easily sleep lying full length in the back of our 945

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Bart

I've carried a single divan bed and mattress in the back of my V70 and have in the past also carried a (dismantled) double bed and double mattress, with the mattress bowed up in the centre of the car.

A UK single divan is approx 82" long (the mattress on it's own is a bit shorter) and I took the rear seat squabs out and pushed the front seats as far forward as I could and still able to drive.

Richard Web pages:

for caravanning,
for my personal web site and
because I love the email address.

Reply to
Richard Cole

Thanks a lot for the really helpful information! Now I know, I can get such a car. Thanks again to all your replies. Bart

Reply to
Bart

The roll-back truck operator used a good battery to check to make sure it was not a bad battery before he hauled it to the dealer. The dealer's solution, a new battery. It is working normally now. I hope that is the only problem. It was the original battery so it was over 5 years old. I don't mind replacing the batter, I just hope the problem doesn't come back. Maybe the battery was randomly developing a high resistance under a heavy load. The relays never chattered, so I never though it would be the battery. When it did crank, it cranked very well.

To give an idea of how bad the service writer is, he wrote down, cranks slow, won't start. That was not the problem. It would either crank normally or not at all, but never slow. It always started quickly when it cranked. Fortunately I had written the details down and put them where the tech would find them before he worked on the car. That is the only way I can get around these stupid service writers.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

A week later and it failed again. Another trip on a roll-back truck. This time the dealer had a different tech look at it and he found a loose connection on the starter. The tech is taking the car home for the weekend with diagnostic probes in place to see if the problem comes back. I have a lot more confidence in this fix.

Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA, USA Owned '67,'68,'71,'74,'79,'81,'87,'93,'95 & '01 Volvos. The '67,'74,'79,'87,'95 and '01 through European Delivery.

rhodyman

We got the car back Tuesday and all is fine. Guess what, no charge this time and they washed the car. For some reason they aren't calling us to see if we were satisfied with the service like they usually do. I wonder why.