2001 Expedition-Split bench seat armrest/jump seat back removal

I have great front seats except for the fold up/down back for the center jump seat. It is totally trashed. I bought a cover for it but find that I'll probably have to remove the old cover completely to get the new one on. Hence, it I have to pull the back out I might as well get it recovered for real.

Are there any great tricks or tips someone with knowledge could pass on. My CD service manual doesn't cover the removal of pieces of seats (LOL!) just the whole dang thing. Like maybe in this case both the driver and PASS seats have to put in the full recline or full forward position to get that center back out?

I sure would appreciate a little advice.

Thank you in advance

Steve in Montana

Reply to
dumbneasy

Not sure if you got this done yet...

If its a pull over/wrap around style cover that clips in the rear ( I dont know how it attaches), but you could cut slits in it to fit around the bolts.

Otherwise I think you have to just remove the console to cover it.

Reply to
Ford Tech

Actually, I have the 60/40 seats up front. The passenger seat and jump seat back being attached. So it either has two hinged supports or a rod that goes all the way through it. Anyway, it probably looks more complicated than it is. However, since the temps around here are around ZERO ....quick having knowledge is much better than DUMBnEASY without a clue.

P.S. If you read this, Ford Tech....thanks again. LOL!

Reply to
dumbneasy