Volvo 740 GLE 2.4L - Replacing the fuel pump

I need to replace the fuel pump on my 1989 2.4L Volvo 740GLE. The fuel pump for the Volvo are quite expensive. I am thinking of using a fuel pump from another make of vehicle altogether, such as a fuel pump from a Volkswagen Golf or similar fuel injection vehicle. Would there be any problems with this?

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Hobley

Check out turbobricks, there are various fuel pump upgrades that are cheaper than the OEM pump. IIRC Wahlbro makes one that is popular, it mounts in the tank and replaces the dual pump setup with a single pump.

VW uses Bosch pumps just like Volvo, I don't know how the specs compare, but I would expect the cost to be similar, assuming you are not trying to buy directly from Volvo.

FCP Groton lists your pump for $154, how much is the VW pump you're considering?

Reply to
James Sweet

That sounds good. I wonder if I could get something like that here in the UK.

Yeah, they are about £100 sterling.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Hobley

Why do you need to replace yours? Overheating? Water pump don't go bad easily unless is rebuilt by American stupids with much frictions that they think it's normal. Sometimes your overheating could come from gapping your parks plug too close. You have to find the core of your problem, don't just assume thing or believing the idiots in this group.

Reply to
Richard

Richard, read the question or people will prefer to call you DICK

7077
Reply to
7077

Mark Hobley ha scritto:

The price of a fuel pump (external) it's about 90 euro..

See

I have a problem with the fuel system on my 240 B200F (same motor of

740) some years ago. I solved changing the relay and cleaning carefully the fuse contact (in fact the fuse were always hot)
Reply to
Andrea1717

Its the fuel pump. I snapped a terminal off whilst trying to remove the fuel line.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Hobley

I guess we got our first troll here, at least the first I've seen. Just add a filter to block him, or otherwise ignore him and he will eventually get bored and go away.

Reply to
James Sweet