Volvo 740 GLT 89/90 B234F

Hope someone can help. My 745 GLT (16V) missed the Gas test cause of the CO are 1% (max 0,5%) , the ECU do not display any faults (1-1-1) the lambasond (o2 sensor) has been replaced WO result. Any ideas are welcome. All other have just given the advice try the AMM or the cat now you have exchanged the O2-Sensor...but that kind of burn and crash are expensive....why I need someone who have had the same problem.

Keep driving VOLVO

RiBe

Reply to
Ricky Behrendt

On my 740 Turbo that problem was caused by the cat, how many miles are on yours?

Reply to
James Sweet

Oh yeah, my friend's 740 8 valve failed also with the same problem because one of the plastic caps had broken off the tip of one of the fuel injectors.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
R Weinberger

Change the oil and filter. Makes a world of difference in pollution tests. If that doesn't work, find someone who knows how to set up the throttle body properly and adjust the air mass meter. That means someone with factory training. With over 500 hours traing on Volvo in Atlanta and Orlando and 800 on BMW I wouldn't steer you wrong. I usually check this news group daily, so let me know how you make out, or e-mail me. Good luck.

Reply to
Rod Gray