Air Mass Meter 1990 240 dl

If the resistance is correct across the #2 and #3 leads on the AMM can it still be bad? What else should I check? If I replace it, should I buy it new or used. How expensive are they in US dollars?

The car stalls and stutters at idle. I can not find any air leaks. and am not sure what else to look for. I have given the car a complete tune up including plug wires. Any other suggestions? I need some help! Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

When my AMM on my 93 240 gave me trouble, I went to an electronics shop and bought contact cleaner (in spray). I generously sprayed the inside and it fixed whatever problem there was. Unfortunately, it will only extend the life of the AMM by about a few months. Repeating this procedure, I added about a year to its life.

It makes a little while I bought one, but I believe it was more than $200 from the dealer.

I've been told that they are quite sensitive to dirt.

Reply to
Sammy

Reply to
R Weinberger

Reply to
Rod Gray

Just a thought - have you removed and cleaned out the throttlebody and associated vacuum lines? Can make a world of difference, even in a car that seems to be running OK.

MKL '91 245 5-spd

144,000 mi
Reply to
Mike Lenker