Volvo 850 GLT 1991 Clutch Screaming - Pedal now moving freely!

Hi, my clutch was screaming for a while and I meant to get it seen to but as I parked outside my house the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I can lift it back off the floor with my foot but now it moves freely. I can start the engine and change between gears but no clutch engages.

The screaming noise was happening if my car was in neutral and would stop if I pressed slightly on the clutch pedal (or all the way down). This behaviour was the same for first and second gear. Not a really loud screaming noise but a screaming noise nonetheless.

What can i do? Is my car donefor?

Cheers, Dave.

Reply to
David Hilditch

Could be the clutch release bearing has broken up or the clutch plate and is jamming the pressure plate in the dis-engaged state.

Carefully check the master and slave cylinders first though.

'91? are you sure- the 800 came out in 92...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

and didn't come to the USA until the '93 model year.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

What has probably happened is that the piston has partly come out of the slave cylinder and is jammed in the bore, holding the clutch disengaged.

Reply to
Mike F