Volvo 850gt 1993 question

I have an old volvo 850gt, and it keeps combusting distributor caps, I have put about 1 a year in it for the last 4 years, and I cant seem to find the reason, is anyone else having this issue, or is just me? Or better yet, does someone know how to fix this?

-Shamus

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Shamus

I hope you mean busting, not combusting. I had the busting problem on a

1958 Mercury. It was a bad bearing in the distributor. The rotor was beating the distributor caps to death.
Reply to
Stephen Henning

put about 1 a year in it for the last 4 years, and I cant seem to find the reason, is anyone else having this issue, or is just me? Or better yet, does someone know how to fix this?

Combusting as in burning up? Never heard of it. Or corrosion building up on the contacts? Just polish them clean.

Reply to
Roadie