Volvo Navigation System

Does anyone have experience with the Volvo nav system on an S80 or V70? Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks. Walter Wise

Reply to
WPWise

I was determined to buy the factory nav system that came as an option with my 2004 S60R, which I believe is the same one that comes in the models you're talking about. However, the salesmen, service department, you name it, advised against buying the factory system. So I bought a Garmin StreetPilot 2620 for less than 1/3 the price and it works great.

Reply to
citizen kane

"WPWise" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com...

The S60/V70 and S80 use the same System. I own a DVD-bases system since novenber 2001. It works -at least in europe- great. No troubles, no probs. It comes with knobs behind the stering wheel and additional with a remote. Easy to handel, easy to learn and perfect. There is only one disadvantage: it is not mobile. The price is OK when you compare ot to aftersales producs with a DVD, screen and TMC functions. Not to forget that you get factory guarantee. And: no cables in your car!

Jürgen

Reply to
Jürgen Schrader