Volvo Service GRRRRRRRRRRRRR - - - ts

JUst venting a little over a recent event.

The "check engine" indicator turned on last week and I set up a visit to my Volvo dealer to have it extinguished. They are 50 miles from my home and thru the worst traffic in Texas.

THe simple act of clearing the fault condition turned into replacing the air pump and some other associated stuff - all for a mere $300.00

All seemed okay and I stopped at a grocery store about half way and when I resumed the journey home I look down and see the error lamp lit up brightly. Now I have to reschedule another journey and have it all done again. Probably for another $300.00

I am NOT a happy camper.

TGe car is a '98 S-70 and it has been a real pleasure, but this sure has soured my enthusiasm for the car.

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

Jamie

Personally I think that people get the diagnosis correct on check engine light issues at best 60% of the time.

John

Reply to
John Horner

"Jamie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I lived in Rockwall for years and there are lots of Volvos there. I've recently moved farther east to Caddo Mills and it's mostly Mustangs and pickups here.

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

"Jamie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I think an earlier attempt to send has failed. Will do it over...

I lived in Rockwall for 40 years and there are a LOT of Volvo drivers there. I have recently moved farther east to Caddo Mills and the transports du jour are Mustangs and pickups.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Scherbel

$300.00 isn't bad considering the pump went bad. The other option would have been to do nothing and wait to be failed at the next emissions test.

Are you saying it is the same problem that has recurred, or something else is wrong. Cars do break down and it costs money to repair them.

Are you not happy because the car broke down or because you think the dealer didn't do the job. I'm not sure what your point is here.

Reply to
hjsjms