Volvo V50 D5 ???

Hello everyone,

I have a VW Golf VR5, and I expect to change to a Volvo V50 D5

I like the cars. Not to big, but enough place for me, wife and the baby.

We tried it on saturday, it was a new demo car just received. It was very nice to drive, but the speed was sometime strangely limited to 110 KM/H.

We didn't sign, because I wanted to get more info on the Net about what people said about it.

I read many infos on forums, and it seems that this car is well noted.

Anyway, it seems also that MANY people get ALOT of trouble with it, like electronic, vibrations, brakes, etc...

Some said they went 5 times back in the resseler in 1 year !

So, because of the "relative" high price (About 40 000 US in Switzerland), I wan to be sure that to buy something serious.

I am open to all suggestions. I had my Golf for 6 years, 110 000 kilometers, and never had something.

What do you thing about the qualiti and reliability ?

Best reagrds,

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier

These cars have a six-speed gearbox. Seems like you didn't try shifting into sixth gear.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes