Volvo D5 Bought!

My neighbour is a car dealer & took in a D5 of 06 vintage as a p-ex.

I needed a decent towcar, this fits every single parameter.

It's totally immaculate, FSH, 130k SE model in Silver.

He let me have it for £2500 :) It is a cat d, with documented evidence of next to bugger all damage, repaired.

Given that similar ones go for around £5k, i'm happy & will run it for a year or two.

There are a couple of issues, the spare key doesnt work, does this need coding, if so can i do it myself?

There is a rattle in the boot area, which i'll sort.

And the reverse sensors need to e looked at.

It drives like a new car & goes like hell, which surprised me!

Anyone any experience of sorting reverse sensors? Or coding keys?

Ta

N.

Reply to
Nige

Key doesn work CDL or doesnt start engine? Ideally needs to go on VIDA at a dealer to diagnose issue. Keys are *pretty* expensive and will come cut and coded.

What's up with the reverse sensors? Dead or erratic? OEM or aftermarket? Again VIDA if the fuses in the boot check out.

If the flywheel starts to rattle badly off load it, just cos you probably dont want the hassle, and have a good look at the intercooler for bulging, especially as you are going to tow. You may be very lucky and it's recently had a new 'cooler as 100k ish is the life expectancy! Having it burst on a campsite is abit of a bugger.

Otherwise, one of the most reliable and under-rated cars there are. Expect mid-40's and more mpg.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..