RADIO HU-601 from Volvo S60 D5

Hi! I Own a Volvo S60 D5, it has a Radio mod. HU601. Can enyone tell where can I buy a Newest radio who reads MP3?? I don't know if a newest volvo radio can read MP3.

I asked on different web sites (who has volvo parts) and no one can told me nothing about that.

In fact, I'm searching a "second hand" Volvo radio that allow reads MP3.

Thank You at all!!!!

Next trip: From Spain to Italy... or maybe Austria.. :-D (I don't know yet) See Y!

Reply to
John Coffey

John...check this little unit out...I might try it...it looks interesting for $30...

~^ beancounter ~^

i think i will give one of these a try...heck, its only $30...and, i like the concept of moving it to any car w/a lighter socket for power...i guess it comes w/a 100% $ back guarentee....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

My '01 S60 standard radio reads mp3's, no problem.

Regards, Paul

Reply to
Paul_B

Paul.....how? is there a slot for the usb connection on the front pannel or something??

"My '01 S60 standard radio reads mp3's, no problem"

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Thank you!

How about the sound quality with this? Do you have one of these? how it works?

Thank Y very Much!!!!

Reply to
John Coffey

John...I am not sure of the quality...I don't know of anyone using one (yet)...I am going to order one today...I will let you know what I think...Note: it does come w/a 100% $ back guarentee...so...if you don't like it...you are just out the shipping and your time....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Sorry, what I meant was that it reads mp3's written to a CD disk. Not sure now if the OP meant that or mp3's on other formats.

Paul

Reply to
Paul_B

paul...oh, I see...yea...most of the cd's will play or read a written cd...I think John wants to (and I) be able to play , say, ipod's, mp3 players, or play from a memory card or stick through the volvo factory sound system...BTW I just got off the phone ordering my "cigar lighter powered" mpe converter...It should be here in a week or so, I will let you guys know if it is any good... I will be using it in a 2000 s80 & 1994 940...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

John...this guy responded w/his comments...(snipped text below- he has a volvo s80).. I went ahead and ordered one...I should have it in a day, or so...

-----------------snip--------------------------------------- have one of these, reception is ok (not as good as a cd). Big problem is that it does not remember where it was. This means that whenever you get in your car it always starts at the first song in your playlist. There is a new version which solves this, not sure of the model number but it is from the same maker. I am going to the states soon and hope to get one. Last I heard they are available in Costco (not in the UK) / Regards Mike

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Well...i rcd mine today...fast shipping..i ordered it mon..(i think)...anyway...the sound quality, i would est is about

90% that of a cd...As the s80 has a pretty decent, "punchy" sound system from the factory ... but...for $30, i am satasified ... it is not quiet 100% .. but it is acceptabe ... esp. for the price ... It is kinda nice as you can move it to any car/baot/plane w/a lighter and fm radio also ... the memory stick i have holds about 100 songs ....

----------snip--------------------------------- John...check this little unit out...I might try it...it looks interesting for $30...

~^ beancounter ~^

What model number radio is it?

Greg