Volvo V70 XC AWD 1998/9 - fuel system - help needed?

Hi there,

Anyone have any experience with the fuel system of this model??

We sprung a leak last week. Thought it was a rotted fuel pipe and it was pumping out when the engine was on. A bit dodgy at that point and got AA relayed home.

This model you has a "saddle bag" shape tank whiich meant hubby had to partly remove it to get at the piping which was rusty but the problem had been caused by the control valve which sits in a plastic "housing" - wrong word but best I can think of . One of the plastic nozzles that the petrol pipe connects to has sheared off.

At this point we are not sure whether the control valve has been messed with before ( a couple of newer jubilee clips on other side) and whether it was in its factory position. There is a maintenance hatch at the back of the boot space and I suspect it should have been visible through that - but its only a guess.

We have the V70 Haines manual but it doesnt cover the AWD models. The control valve is no: 0280160618 made by Bosch for Volvo. We went to the nearest volvo parts who at first said they could get it but then after a

100mile round trip to collect the wrong bit, they now say they arnt sure if they can get it at all. It is repairable but given the position it makes more sense to fit a new one.

I know its a long shot but can anyone know were I can find some maitenace manuals for this models fuel system.

Thanks in advance.

:o)

Reply to
Hilary