WTB: Volvo S40

I want to buy a volvo S40, year ~2000, mileage below 80000. If someone knows any information, pls give me a reply. I really appreciate it. thanks

Reply to
UVA

We bought one in the fall - 67,000 km (40,000 m). Love it - it is a Volvo, after all. We had it inspected before buying it and other than a leaky shock and a couple of codes from the "Check Engine" that the mechanic said were not important, everything seemed great. Finally had another garage (not a dealer - don't trust the one in the area, next one is 150 m) check it to get rid of the "Check Engine" light. His diagnosis was a bad transmission solenoid and a worn timing belt due to its age (6 yr). The cams would not stay lined up correctly. For security, I took it in to change the belt - cheaper than a head job. I don't know if I was taken, but the guy has been in business for over 20 yr and his yard is full of Volvos, Beemers, Benz's and Porsches. They can't all be suckers, can they? As for the car, love the ride, the looks and the feel. A six year-old car that passes for a new one at a used price.

Reply to
bob