XC70 - MY2001

Hi,

I live in the NYC area and am looking to see what (if any) other tires has any one put on their XC70 (2001) other than the OEM Pirelli Scorpion STs? These have to be the most noisiest set of tires I have ever had!

Also, is the whininig noise coming from tire noise or is it the AWD mechanism? My dealer says to replace the tires and see...it may be the HUB bearings??

Any help on this positing greatly appreciated.

GGO

NYC

Reply to
gomraju

Thanks Steve. U have a XC70 also?

Reply to
gomraju

They didn't call it an XC70 in 2001, they called a V70XC.

The same car was an XC70 in 2002.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I dont think its your bearings.

I have a 2001 V70XC. Those original ties are very, very loud. I recently went to Firestone Afinitys. Now I can hear the wind noise and not the tire noise. Much quieter now. This coming winter will be the first, so I don't know how they work in the snow.

Reply to
scotthawk

I have a '01 V70 XC and love the Pirelli Scorpion S/T tires. I bought another set when the first ones wore out. They get good gas mileage and both outstanding wear and outstanding traction, unusual for Pirelli who is famous for making good rain tires the don't wear well on dry pavement. The noise is dependent on the road surface. But the noise is also aggravated by the stiff suspension of the XC70.

Reply to
Stephen Henning