power seat 94 850-Reset?

My 94 850 passenger seat is not responding to the power controls. It will rise a bit and tilt forward a bit, but no forward or back. Memory button 1 seems to work. Is there a way to reset the memory? Maybe with the diagnostic LED system? Or does it require the Volvo OBDII reader?

Reply to
nacho7

The seat should have: front-up/down, back-up/down, seat bottom- forward/back, seat back-forward/back. Usually the bottom controls get "sticky"--the seat back control cable stretches and disengages from the drive at the hinge. The Volvo VST can reset the seat motor potentiometers (Pre-OBDII). To set the memeory buttons adjust the seat to the position you desire and hold the MEM button down while depressing 1, 2, or 3.

Bob

Reply to
User

If the memory buttons move the seat in ways the individual switches won't then there's a problem with the individual switches. They're not so easy to clean, but they can need to be resoldered to the circuit boards where they sit.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks for the input. I guess I will be pulling the seat out and checking switches and motors for operation and continuity. B6 gave me no codes at all-not even 1-1-1.

Reply to
nacho7

Have an additional question on this topic.

I've gone through the exercise of setting the seat to where I want it, and then pressing the MEM and 1 buttons to lock the position in place.

I seem to loose the setting if I shut off the car and then go away. I come back, shift the seat away from where I want it and then press the "1" button to reposition. Nada!

I assume that the memory that is used for this is probably fried, and the line from the Marx Brothers (Groucho as the Doctor) applies.

Reply to
byrocat