XC90 Transmission?

This thing is strange....on a hill, in a forward gear, if you let your foot off the brake it rolls backward fast...all the other autos I've owned at least give you time to put your foot on the gas pedal...this thing is scary...you have to double foot it, and wind up the engine before you release the brake....Volvo says it's normal...That is not the word I use to describe it...any thoughts??? Thanks

Reply to
Colin