Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2002 V40 expert advice
Hi, I am looking at a 2002 V40 with only 23K on it. The vehicle looks clean and has a lot of options. What shall I be carefull about when examining this model? Also how do 2002/2003 owners feel about...

'92 740 died while idling....
It is the 740 turbo model. It has had an intmt problem with no start (but cranks fine) for a long while, over a year. Come back to it an hour later, starts right up usually. THis time, whatever it is,...
6
6

No more changing diapers! My 1987 740 turned 200,000 miles!
My baby is growing up. I turned 200,000 miles today! Original engine and tranny! Wahoo! Now I can apply for a high mileage badge, I had the car 6 months, bought her at 195,000 and now she's broken in....
6
6

Body Rust Evaluation
The time has come to evaluate rust repairs for my '92 240 wagon. So, I'd like to find someone who knows these cars and can take a good look at it and tell me how much rust there is and where - what's...

Speaker Removal in a 1989 Volvo 740
hey everyone. I was wondering if there is a trick to taking off the rear door panels of a '89 volvo 740 in order to get at the riveted-in speakers so that i can replace them with some better ones....
2
2

The most impressive 740 I have ever seen! 530 bhp?! <video>
This is just flat out amazing, in my opinion. Never have I seen such a performance machine in a Volvo!
23
23

Fuel pump relay and Turn sigiginal relay related?
After resolving my fuel problem by replacing the fuel pump relay, I find my turn signals work all the time now. The turn signal relay is weak. In the past, it would only blink if the car interior was...

'95 850GLT Ignition switch question
Hi all, I've managed to finally figure out that several of the anomalous problems I've had are related to the ignition switch. If I jiggle the key a bit after I start the car the the turn signals...
9
9

1987 740 In-tank fuel pump question
I've been reading here and on the brickboard about the in-tank fuel pump, the filter sock and the bellows hose. Sometimes when I get to about 1/3 tank of gas and make a right turn, the car sputters...
4
4

B27 fuel conumption
hello! i'd like to ask to share your experience on either a 262 (my case) or any other volvo running with a B27. i recently bought a 262c bertone and it appears to be very greedy on gas. not that i...
2
2

Strange sound when over 60 mph in '97 850 glt Wagon
I have a '97 850 GLT wagon. It has held up well. It has 194,300 miles. I have noticed that when I go on the highway and get above 60 miles per hour sometimes a noise is emitted for what appears to be...
2
2

2000 S70 auto gearshifter stuck
I have a 2000 S70 GLT SE automatic transmission, and regularly the gearshift button gets stuck in the "in" position without popping back out when I am done shifting gears (P, R, N, D, etc.). I have to...
1
1

Volvo Dealer Report
My wife and I just completed two months of driving around the US in our '05 XC90 V8. We put over 12K on the car with absolutely no problems at all --- fantastic road car. Highway mileage ran 23-24...
1
1

1985 360GLT the saga continues
Thanks for the replies, except for the ones questioning my sanity and parentage, regarding the diesel engine conversion. Now for a 'need it soon' question. The front left side electric window motor...
2
2

A/C Blower Motor is a pain to remove.
This is just a rant. I know, the 240 a/c motor is much worse than the 740 because you have to remove half the dash. The 740 blower motor is another kind of pain in the ass. This is the kind of pain...
7
7