'02 Passat air filter

Are there any tricks to replacing the engine intake air filter on the 1.8T ? I removr the intake pipe, unscrew the screws on the top of the heat shield and undo the hose clamp connection. It kinda concerns me that all of those FI hoses are right there.

Damm it is a pain to change. Maybe that is why my oil sevice place tried to avoid it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Phelps

Could be, Mr. Phelps, but no mission is impossible. ;>)

Reply to
Papa

Reply to
Tim Burr

Reply to
Jim Phelps

Yes, and if I can do it anybody can. I remember there was an electrical connection, and do it when the motor is not hot. And have the drink AFTER.

Reply to
harburu