1998 VW JETTA - Alarm wont shut off!!!

Does anyone else have this problem with their jetta? I had keyless entry for the car up to 6 months ago. Then it broke and I started using the key, but just 2 days ago my hubby went to get into the car and the alarm went off and wouldnt stop, so we knew a trick to turn the alarm off, discount the battery, put the key back in the car then take it out and open the truck using the key will turn off the alarm. But we cant lock the car using the key cause if we do then we cant unlock cause the alarm will go off again, for some reason the car thinks thats its still locked when its not. The red flashing light next to the door lock (on the inside) still blinks when you unlock it.... does anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
nceantonio

Yeah, the little microswitch in the door isn't working. I don't remember if the problem ended up being caused by that or broken wires in the door jamb. Take a look at both.

Dan

Reply to
John Smith