1999 Passat Wagon Misc. Spring

My wife found a spring under the seat of her car. (99 Passat Wagon)

It's a really heavy spring, about the diameter of a finger, three palms long, half the thickness of a pencil, with a little bit of rubber around part of it. It has a long arm, and hooks on both ends, one 90 degrees from the other.

Is this part of the car?

No this is not a joke ;-)

I checked under the other seat, and I didn't see anything that looked like it. I'm hoping it isn't something some mechanic removed from another part of the car and set on the floor for "safekeeping!"

Bob

Reply to
bob