1999 Passat 1.8T triptronic question

1999 Passat 1.8T triptronic

It works fine in automatic mode, but when you slide it over to manual mode, it stays in automatic.

I was thinking of taking off the parts around the selector, to see if something was loose, but I can't figure out how it comes apart.

Bob

Reply to
bob
1999 Passat 1.8T triptronic

It works fine in automatic mode, but when you slide it over to manual mode, it stays in automatic.

I was thinking of taking off the parts around the selector, to see if something was loose, but I can't figure out how it comes apart.

Bob

Reply to
bob

Hi,

I faced the same problem a week ago in my Passat as well, the manual mode work as the automatic mode D. Now on winter time here in Finland I really would need the manual mode, the slides are better controlled without the automatic switching up... I called the local VW service guy who told to bring the car for the fault analyse, he could not say any more about the fault and naturally had never heard that kind of tiptronic fault... yea sure. I suppose the fault may be in the tiptronic chip, in a microswith or then the system is working on a "safe" mode for some reason??? If I've time tomorrow I will go with the car to the "fault analyser" on the VW service. If they find out where the fault is I'll update this folder,

peppe

Reply to
peppe

"peppe" wrote in news:DbbLb.6046$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.nokia.com:

Thanks Peppe. Ours stopped working two years ago. Here in South Carolina (USA) we don't get much snow.

Our dealer told us it was a worn bushing. Knowing what bushings are, I don't think that is a reasonable answer.

Since our dealer had the car while the shifter was working, and then it wasn't working, I have a feeling he may have left a switch disconnected.

I still have not found out how to remove the trim around the shifter. There does not seem to be any fasteners to remove.

Bob

Reply to
bob