2000 battery Passat question

Hi

Need to replace the battry in my V6 2000 passat.

Is it a standard group size 48 or is it an odball shape and size only at the dealer for $200?

Thanks

Reply to
James Murphy

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

The original battery in my V6 1999 Passat (purchased 30Nov1998) expired

03May2002.

It was Sears-replaced with a DieHard "International Group 4" (#22831248 then) which is still cranking things real good.

A dim memory of that time says that there is an "European" size involved plus special drain tubes.

--- Frank

Reply to
Frank Pajerski

$200, find another dealer as list price for my last 1/04 was only $116 for the battery. Figure 1/2 labor for the dealer to replace it or just do it yourself. Not that hard.

Reply to
Woodchuck