2000 Passat wheels

I have a 2000 Passat GLX wagon with aluminum wheel (five spoke), I'm original owner, and I need to replace one. I called the dealer with the part number off the wheel, and he could not find this one in the computer. 3B0601

025C

The "C" is what threw him, that's not in the computer. But here's where it gets interesting. My wheels are 15" NOT 16". He only has 16" wheels in the computer for that year, with a number ending in G. He also checked to see if they were Jetta wheels, but the numer was totally different. He suggested perhaps that it was a specialty wheel and in that case they only needed to keep the part numbers available for three years.

I wondered when I bought tires why Tire Rack and tires.com wizards showed only 16" wheels for my 2000 Passat. Was I supposed to get 16" wheels? This was new on the lot at the VW dealer, did someone do a switch? If someone on the group associated with a dealer knows anything about what might have happened and what I can do, I'd appreciate some help. I have a small crack in one wheel and I either replace it (if I can) or buy a full set.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mike K

different.He suggested perhaps that it was a specialty wheel and in that case they only needed to keep the part numbers available for three years.

Can't be. Jettas, Golfs, and GTIs will not have rims that fit a Passat because the bolt pattern isn't the same.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
John H

The "Tire Shopper" page states that all US Passats have 195/65-15 wheels, which is not true (My '03 GLX came with 205/55-16, which AFAIK is standard for GLXes).

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Read it again, under that size it says "Stock tire size for A4 1.8T (up until fall '98) and all U.S. Passats. Ick!" Wouldn't the GLX fall under the "Stock tire size for A4 2.8, and all A4 w/sport suspension." which is

205/55-16.

But the 195/65-15 is what was on my 2000 GLX. WTF! BTW, it looks like I have the VW/Votex Adelaide wheels. Wish I could get a bigger picture.

Reply to
Mike K

Mike, if you have 15" 5-spoke wheels, then dont they have to be the Boogies? Unless I'm counting wrong, the Adelaides are 7-spoke

Reply to
Biz

Yeah, I'm an idiot, they were seven spoke. The car and wheels are at home and I'm at work, ya know, your memory is the second thing to go. (I forget what the first is...)

Reply to
Mike K

Why would it? An Audi A4 is not a Passat. The table says that

195/65-15 is the stock size for all US Passats, and it is wrong.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith