2000 Jetta Stereo Removal

Hi all, I have a 2000 Jetta GLS that I want to put the USA SPEC RCA-in interface in.

However, I'm unsure of what tool I need to remove my radio (Single DIN, round scan button). Is this:

Univeral OEM DIN:

or this: Blade-style tool:
Thanks!

-Ian D.

Reply to
twitchy

if the radio is the same as my '00 Eurovan (which I think it is), the latter is what you want (the three-sided thing). the latter fits into slots in the radio face, the former fits into round holes. Do you have round holes or slots? My guess is slots, so it'd be the last one. Actually when I bought from crutchfield, they shipped the radio tool for free...didn't even have to explicity ask for it...and they sent the right one.

Reply to
Matt B.

Looks like a cool product... you need the blade style removal tools.

Rob Guenther