02 Impala intake duct, 3.8L

I popped my hood this morning and noticed that the rubber intake duct between the filter housing and the intake had come loose from the metal intake flange on one side. I have no idea how long it was like that. Fortunately it wasn't totally off, and there aren't any obvious issues because of it, but I doubt all the air entering the engine went through the filter.

Aside from changing the oil sooner than usual in case of contamination, and putting the duct back in place and checking it more often, is there anything else that should be done?

Reply to
gad

Pray that the dirt didn't ruin your rings. You will find out if the engine starts using oil shortly, although if you weren't driving in dusty conditions I doubt if you did any (or much) damage.

Reply to
Doug Adams