2000 Polo Engine Management Woe!

My 2000 reg Polo 1 litre is giving me loads of grief with warning lights. It started some time ago with the EPC light coming on and although I had it re-set a couple of times it kept coming back. I then got the valve changed (don't ask me which cos I'm not technical) and it kept off for a month or two before coming back. Now the engine block CHECK light is coming on and although the car runs OK it's not running as well as it did. I had it plugged into a diagnostic at a local garage (not VW) and it came up with the following:

*manifold absolute pressure / barometric pressure circuit *sensor circuit (bank1 sensor1) *exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected *exhaust gas recirculation control circuit range / performance *air control system rpm higher than expected The local garage suggested it MAY be an oxygen sensor but could'nt be at all sure. Has any of you got some idea on what's wrong and how best to overcome. I know I can take it to VW but it will cost the earth and will they sort it first time? ANY HELP PLEASE. Laura
Reply to
Richard