2001 GTI VR6 electrical...Help!!

Hi group, got up this morning, started my car and had no running/head lights, signal lights or wiper functions. Wipers dead front and back, no washer pump either..nuthin. Fuses are ok...anybody know what is common between them? Dash lights, power windows, interior lights fine. Engine starts and runs fine. Relays maybe?..Where are the relays? Help!! Raining like crazy so I couldn't even get to the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob

Reply to
RD

Ignition switch or load reduction relay. My bets on the ignition switch.

Reply to
Woodchuck

RAIN, for May it's rained 23 out of 31 days here!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Did you check the fuses with an ohm meter for continuity test? If not, do so. Sometimes fuses have tendencies to let go at the joint if they go slightly over their rated current for a long period. Easiest way is to get some new fuses and replace the old ones, and check to see what happens. If nothing happens use the old fuse to replace some others and check again, and so on. Make sure to change fuse with like rated ones.

ES

Reply to
Emanuel

You were right Woodchuck...Ignition Switch...$356.(Canadian that is),

2 days later and I'm >Hi group, got up this morning, started my car and had no running/head
Reply to
RD