Ignition power for radio

There is no power through the ignition wire for my radio. But there is on the battery. Whihc means the 10A fuse under the dash is fine. But there must be something else blown somewheres. I looked through the wire schematics and it doesnt look like there is anything else that could have blown. Anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
hgxsilver

What kind of Honda you working on?

Reply to
Woodchuck

This is a 93 jetta

Reply to
hgxsilver

If it's the red/white wire that's dead then do a wire around. There is a problem somewhere in the dash wiring harness at the multi splice connector. Sometimes the radio would go and others the lighter would go dead.

Reply to
Woodchuck

where abouts is this multi splice connector?

Reply to
hgxsilver

It's somewhere in the dash wiring harness. VW never said/knew where, so all we do is wire around. You got 2 choices, run new wire from the fuse panel to radio. Or, if the lighter still works just run the power wire from there.

Reply to
Woodchuck