2001 Jetta electrical problem

Can anyone help?

2001 Jetta, first 1/2 of the mileage indicator disappeared (bottom half). Now the rest has faded.

Any clue would help.

Thanks

Dermott

Reply to
Dermott

Replacing the instrument cluster should fix the problem

Reply to
Woodchuck

Woodchuck,

Thanks for the advice.

Replacing the instrument cluster did fix the problem. I was charged $389 parts and 159$ labor. Seems high to me but, is that fair?

Thanks

Reply to
Dermott

Labor may be a little higher than if it was done at our dealer but considering after replacement the odometer had to have the miles programmed along with matching the keys, immobilizer. My guess at our place the labor would be just about $100. What did your dealer charge for labor per hour?

Reply to
Woodchuck

The dealer charges $65 per hour.

Thanks, Dermott

Reply to
Dermott
2.4 hours, that's kinda steep for what was done!
Reply to
Woodchuck

$65 per hour?

Our dealer charges $84/hour....