2006 Jetta TDI

Has any one bought or drove the New Jetta TDI yet. If you have what do you think of it. I test drove one yesterday but it was a gas model as the dealer didn't have any TDI's yet. I thought it was a big improvement from the 2005 that I also drove. It was roomier and I really like the looks of the new Jetta. To bad there aren't more color choices to choose from on the exterior and interior.Did I mention that I almost got lost in the trunk. Anyway let me know what you think.

Reply to
Abe Coates

I'm a dealership technician, and have driven 1 or 2 of them... all I can say is "awesome". They are mated to a 6 speed DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox), and they are incredible. The DSG takes a little bit of getting used to, but they have nearly instantaneous shifting, and they always seem to be in a good torque band. The DSG is also TipTronic - for more fun.

Paul

Reply to
driverswanted77

AFAIK, there'll be no 2006 TDIs for at least 6 months, maybe longer.

Reply to
JAB

I was getting my Passat serviced on Monday May 16, and the dealer was telling me they had just gotten their first 2006 Jetta TDI. It was a DSG. As I was leaving he told me he had just taken it out for a test drive. He offered, but I didn't have time to try it. I'm happy with my Passat TDI anyway.

The dealer is VW Waterloo, in Waterloo Ontario. That's one and counting...

Reply to
Al Rudderham

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I am a tech at a VW dealership in Springfield, Missouri... We have had 2 or

3 DSG TDI New Jettas come through already - I did a PDI on one, in fact. Awesome, if I do say so myself.

Reply to
PB

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I got a phone call from my dealer in Regina, Sask. yesterday and I could have had one today as someone ordered it and decided he wanted a automatic instead of the standard. It was platinum gray and I want a spice red one. Am I being to fussy??

Reply to
Abe Coates