2006 Passat??

Anyone have the new one? I got a chance to see them at the dealer, but I haven't got to set in or test drive one.

Looks really good, I like the new styling. And it looks to be a bit bigger.

I have a 2001.5 B5 which has been a great little car, and the monsoon audio system is very good. I do think the handling and ride could be better. Is the new one better in these respects?

A good audio system in very important to me. I like to have a good system for the long trips. I've read that Dynaudio put together the upgraded system for the new one. Their home speaker's are really good. Any of you have it?

Just looking for your impressions of the car in general if you have time. My son is taking over the B5 and I've narrowed it down to the new Passat or the Infinity G-35 sedan (Bose audio, yuck!)

Of course I'll give both a good test drive when I get time, but I still like to know what other think.

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack Dotson

Yes and bigger than an A4.

handling is perfect for me.

Basic installation is already good. If u want the top, take the dynaudio. I just took front speaker because I had the rear ones. I'm trying to find info on how to remove door panels because I don't want to break everything ;-)

Owning a 2.0 tdi engine, highline version. pleasant to drive, I went on holliday with it, 3500km without any problem, except a guy who tried to remove my plate...

Reply to
pco

Thanks for the response. When you were looking did you test drive anything else? Also, have you driven the last VW? I'm curious how they compare? BTW, I made a mistake, my over Passat is a B5.5.

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack Dotson

I've been driving a Polo 1.4 TDI, a sharan 1.9 TDI, a Golf V TDI... All tdi's. G5 was a bit faster than the new Passat, but of course the last is heavier. The Passat I have is the new one bought in Luxembourg.

Reply to
pco