2008 City Jetta A/C Groan

After driving our '08 City Jetta for a while, the air conditioning makes a vibrating groaning noise when turned off.

If I have the recirc ON it doesn't do it, recirc OFF it doesn't. Doesn't seem to do it while driving down the road, only when I'm stopped. Happens everytime I turn the air conditioning off or shut the car off. Lasts anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds.

Off to the dealer once I get a chance, but in the meantime: am I the only one?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Ok I'm confused??? Does it do it with the recirc on or off????

Could possible just be the recirculating vent opening up once the A/C is turned off.

Reply to
Craig

Oops, with the the recirc ON it doesn't do it, recirc OFF it does.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Steve,

What did the dealer find (other than $500 that needed to be removed from your checking account)? My '03 Jetta is doing the same thing, but does it regardless of the recirc being on or off.

Tim

Reply to
3hansens

The dealer ended up replacing the expansion valve, however, the consensus at work is that the system was simply over-charged.

Hard to say if the solution was the TX valve or the charge.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie