W126L Rear A/C Vent

The vent at the rear of the center console of my 300SDL that blows air into the rear seat area works with the air conditioning, but not with the heater; the air that comes out is always cool.

This isn't a terribly big deal, but I like everything on my cars to work as a matter of principle. Is this some- thing that's relatively easy to fix?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

It is only for A/C... not heat. Heat comes from underneath the front seats... so in winter, you need to shut those center vent.

Reply to
Tiger

You answered your own question with the title: W126L Rear A/C Vent.

THAT is exactly what it is: A/C

Heat comes out from the ducts under the front seats.

Reply to
Karl

It's not broken, It's an outside air fresh air vent, not part of the HVAC system for which you can thank your lucky stars.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Err, no, it's outside air and is as hot or cold as, well, outside air.

It's a "fresh air vent" in the manual.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I used the term "air conditioning" loosely. It doesn't necessarily imply *cooled* air.

Ahh, okay. Well, that certainly worked out, didn't it? :)

I guess I'd never had occasion to power the front seats forward far enough to notice the heater ducts.

Perhaps what threw me was that I felt cold air coming out of that vent even when the heater was on. I'd have thought that if the vent were A/C only, all airflow through it would cease when the air conditioning was off.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller