82 Rabbit heater blower lubrication

The original blower (squirrel cage with motor inside) lasted 20 years. Replaced new 180 bucks - bearings screaming on startup 2 years later. Any idea if the bearings in this blower/motor assy. can be lubricated? TIA rich

Reply to
Rich

Is yours the easy one to remove? With factory a/c, dealer installed a/c or without a/c? Try to lube the bearings/bushings and let us know. Two years is a very short life for a blower motor. :-(

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
Rich

There is a PTFE (AKA "Teflon") bearing penetrating oil that I have used in similar applications with some success.

Here is one source - and I have no idea how easy it is to get or not, I found my needle-nose bottle of the stuff at a swap-meet in Kutztown, PA some years ago.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw