86 Cabby with Bouncy Idle

I am hoping that someone can help me. I have a 1986 VW Cabby. I am wondering if I have a problem with the solenoid Valve (?) that is located in the engine compartment on the passenger side. IT has a black component and a white component. One switches one when the A/C is on and boosts the idle. Currently the non A/C side is clicking like crazy when 1) the engine is warm

2) and when the radiator fan comes on - (and continues after the fan is off). The clicking corresponds with a bouncy idle. When I turn on the A/C everything is fine (even with the radiator fan on). Can someone tell me if this part is faulty and/or what controls this valve.

Thanks for any help!

Mike Hellmund

Reply to
Mike Hellmund